Saturday, March 24, 2012

"By my penny of observation"-Review of "Love's Labour's Lost"

Well I realize this post is a tad late in being posted. I've been super busy this week with various projects and while I haven't shirked my duties with assignments, I just haven't posted anything yet! Forgive me dear blogites and Shakespeare friends.

I hope you enjoy reading the next few posts!

To start off this blog-fest I would like to discuss my views on the amazing play we finished this week. Didn't you guys just adore "Love's Labour's Lost"?! I did! It had me giggling constantly and I absolutely loved the word play and the sparring of 'wit' between the characters. Plus, the sheer amount of humor woven through the interactions was fabulous.

I still maintain my preference for Biron as my favorite character with Armado coming in a close second. Both of these men were humorous to read/watch. I really got a kick out of Biron's humor and wit and sharp minded remarks. It was amazing to read his comments and justifications for everything. One of my favorite parts was the following passage because I absolutely love the word play here. I love how each character adds to the rhyme of the other. It's wonderful! Enjoy.

BIRON
I'll prove her fair, or talk till doomsday here.
FERDINAND
No devil will fright thee then so much as she.
DUMAIN
I never knew man hold vile stuff so dear.
LONGAVILLE
Look, here's thy love: my foot and her face see.
BIRON
O, if the streets were paved with thine eyes,
Her feet were much too dainty for such tread!
DUMAIN
O, vile! then, as she goes, what upward lies
The street should see as she walk'd overhead

No comments:

Post a Comment