Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Within the book and volume of my brain"-Phase 2 Review

I hope that I can accurately detail what I've been up to this past week. I've certainly made a lot of progress but there is still so much more to do!

But onto what I've accomplished so far!

I've been working on getting more social contacts with whom I can compare ideas and ask questions to. Last time I mentioned Stanley Fish (SQUEE!) But this past week I've had success in contacting Dr. Jonathan Hope and Cyrus Mulready:

Cyrus Mulready

Dr. Hope

I'm still in contact with both of these men and I hope to hear back soon with more answers to some of my inquiries!

NEXT:

In relation to my outside research I've been spending time reading books, newspaper articles, blogs, e-mail responses, podcasts, and articles. I posted a small annotated bibliography of a small sampling of things that I've been reading.

Annotated Bibliography

ALSO:

In the digital world (where my focus is truly located) I went in search of some insight through visual means. I came across this lecture (On Youtube yes...) through a great university that really enhanced my understanding of the digital humanities movement:

http://spoonerkaleighj382.blogspot.com/2012/02/golden-age-is-before-us-digital.html

AND:

As I've been contemplating my current research texts, I viewed the 1990 version of "Hamlet" starring Mel Gibson, Glen Close and Ian Holm. I've written about my research and observations about the movie here:

Hamlet


FINALLY:

I think I've decided on a thesis or rough idea for my paper. I want to discuss the grammar of Shakespeare's plays as seen through the lens of the digital sphere. The grammar promoted by Shakespeare is enhanced through a digital study and you can observe unique nuances and trends that could not be noticed otherwise.

ALRIGHT!

It seems like there's been so much more that I could post on right now, but I first need to get things organized and sorted before I do that! I hope, though, that this gives you a little peek into what I'm working on.



No comments:

Post a Comment