Friday, January 13, 2012

'Brave new world'-Digital Shakespeare Community

I loved the Tempest! I found it to be unique and fun to read. Having never read this play before it was an interesting experience. I love the character dynamics and the witty speakers. It was great.

Taking things a step further I came across this website/blog a few days ago that I thought I'd share with you:

www.bloggingshakespeare.com

This this place is awesome! This website/blog thing was instituted by the "Shakespeare Birthplace Trust" and it promotes getting into the conversation. We actually have an opportunity to promote our "conversation" to this blog and share our conversation with other scholars around the world. Pretty cool right? People even have the ability to blog for this digital Shakespeare community (Dr. Burton!).

I really enjoyed the search engine because it brought me to subject matter specirfically tailored to Shakespeare (duh right?). The search engine will take you to blogposts by contributors (each is highly educated and works for the Shakespeare Trust). It is fascinating to see what scholars have to say about Shakespeare and his works.

As I searched through the blog, specifically about "The Tempest," I came across this interesting post by Elizabeth Dollimore on the villain Caliban.

http://bloggingshakespeare.com/shakespeare%e2%80%99s-villains-condemning-caliban

It is intersting to see how other scholars interpret Shakespeare's works.

This picture is a "lovely" rendition of Caliban. Handsome right?

1 comment:

  1. That was so cool! Thanks for sharing.
    It is amazing to watch the literary world turn digital. There is a really big push towards it and it will be really cool to see what happens in our lifetime.

    The picture of Caliban didn't show up, but I'm intrigued so now I'm going to try to go find one. :)

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete